- Permanent Link:
- Speaking book, containing a catalog of female members ("Country Sisters") of the Moravian Church in Saint John and Saint Mary Parishes, Antigua
- Moravian Church. Eastern West Indies Province
- Publication Date:
- 1833 - 1839
- Physical Description:
- 1 octavo manuscript ; 94 pp.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Caribbean Area ( lcsh )
Antigua and Barbuda
Membership catalogs ( aat )
Moravian Church. Eastern West Indies Province ( lcnaf )
- Includes an alphabetical index, legend of symbols, a chronological list of speakings (fol. 42), and a locality-based membership catalog of female church members from Briggin's (Briggins), Goldengrove (Golden Grove), Murray's, Dr. Daniel's or Laforey's, Otto's near Town, Thibou's, Edward Williams, John Williams, Willock's Folly, Drewshill (Drew's Hill), and Mr. J[ame]s Thibou's or [Rigby's] Farm. The membership catalog includes the following data: administrative church number, denomination of baptism, name of individual, matrimonial state (and name of partner or spouse), date of baptism, date accepted as a candidate for communion, date of first communion, references to remarks, marks of exclusion, helper (lay pastor) associated with the individual, and remarks regarding speakings, exclusions, and communion services.
- 1. Table of contents, with legend
2. Listing of church members from:
-. Briggin's [Briggins], fol. 1-2
-. Goldengrove [Golden Grove], fol. 3-5
-. Murray's, fol. 6
-. Murray's, Dr. Daniel's or Laforey's, fol. 7-8
-. Otto's near Town, fol. 10-12
-. Thibou's, fol. 14-16
-. Edward Williams, fol. 18-19
-. John Williams, fol. 21-22
-. Willock's Folly, fol. 24-25
-. Drewshill [Drew's Hill], fol. 28-30
-. Mr. J[ame]s Thibou's or [Rigby's] Farm, fol. 32
3. Chronological list of speakings, fol. 42
- General Note:
- This item is part of a digitization project, "Archiving Antigua," funded by a Digitizing Humanities Grant from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR).
- General Note:
- Digitized in 2018 by the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts in Philadelphia.