- Permanent Link:
- Speaking book, containing a catalog of female members of the Moravian Church in Saint John Parish, Antigua
- Spring Gardens Moravian Church ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- 1833 - 1838
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume ; 99 pp.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Caribbean Area ( lcsh )
Antigua and Barbuda ( lcsh )
Membership lists ( aat )
Moravian Church. Eastern West Indies Province ( lcnaf )
- Membership lists ( aat )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Saint John--Antigua and Barbuda
- Includes a locality-based membership catalog of female church members from St. John's (whose first names begin with the letters C, D, and E), Dryhill (Dry Hill), "Odd Ones" (miscellaneous names with no particular arrangement), Boon's, Crosbie's (Crosbies), Daniel's (Daniel's Bay?) or Villa (Villa Liene), Hart's (in Popeshead?), McKinnon's, Marblehill (Marble Hill), Royal's, and Weatherell's (Weatherills). The membership catalog includes the following data: administrative church number, denomination of baptism, name of individual, matrimonial state (name partner or spouse), date of baptism, date received as a candidate for communion, date spectating at communion, date of first communion, remarks to exclusions, helper (lay pastor) associated with the individual, and remarks about speakings and communion services.
- Issuing Body:
- The front cover is missing, along with the first page, and the volume appears to be incomplete (i.e., first names in St. John's that begin with the letters A and B are missing).
- This item is part of a digitization project, "Archiving Antigua," funded by a Digitizing Humanities Grant from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR).
- Creation/Production Credits:
- Digitized in 2018 by the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) in Philadelphia.