- Permanent Link:
- George A. Smathers Libraries ( issuing body )
- Physical Description:
- One online resource. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Academic libraries -- Periodicals -- Florida -- Gainesville ( lcsh )
- government publication (state, provincial, terriorial, dependent) ( marcgt )
periodical ( marcgt )
serial ( sobekcm )
- "SOURCE offers the reader an opportunity to view remarkable materials from our collections, learn about our innovative research and collaborations both in the Libraries and with other colleagues throughout the University and beyond, and explaore highlights of exceptional faculty and student services provided by the Smathers Libraries".
- Scope and Content:
- This title is the companion publication to "News from the SOURCE", primarily published in electronic format.
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- Began with: Fall 2018
- General Note:
- "The magazine of the University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries".
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivative License. This license allows others to download this work and share them with others as long as they mention the author and link back to the author, but they canâ€™t change them in any way or use them commercially.
- Resource Identifier:
- on10512 ( NOTIS )
1051213143 ( OCLC )
2018226798 ( LCCN )
036380527 ( ALEPH )
- Z733.F56 C32 ( lcc )
ABOVE: Banner of the 1914 Suffragist Edition. The Pensacola Journal, September 7, 1914. 9
THE MAGAZINE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GEORGE A. SMATHERS LIBRARIES
Judith C. Russell
Laurie N. Taylor
April Hines, Barbara Hood, Jane Morgan-Daniel, Lila Sadkin, Suzanne Stapleton
PRODUCTION AND PRINTING MANAGER: Barbara Hood
ISSN (PRINT): 2576-5817 ISSN (ONLINE): 2576-5825
Subscribe to SOURCE:
PO Box 117000 Gainesville, FL 32611 352.273.2635
AN IMPRINT OF UF PRESS AND GEORGE A. SMATHERS LIBRARIES
FRONT AND BACK COVER:
Prints and portfolio, The Woodpeckers of Florida by
Molly Kempson. From the Marjorie S. Coffey Residency in Book Arts (2016).
George A. Smathers
UNIVERSITY of FLORIDA
A message from Judith Russell Dean of the Libraries
I am pleased to welcome you to the debut issue of SOURCE: the Magazine of the University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
Published by LibraryPress@UF. This is an open access journal, distributed primarily in electronic format twice a year in August and February. SOURCE offers the reader an opportunity to view remarkable materials from our collections, learn about our innovative research and collaborations conducted both in the Libraries and with other colleagues throughout the University and beyond, and explore highlights of exceptional faculty and student services provided by the Smathers Libraries.
This first issue covers five fascinating topics ranging from artists' books commissioned by the Libraries, movable children's books from our special collections, innovative makerspaces in our science library, the collaborative project to digitize historical newspapers from Florida and Puerto Rico, and new ways that print collections are used in the Health Science Center Library. We welcome your feedback and ideas. Please let us know what you think and we hope you enjoy reading this debut issue of SOURCE.
~J,j( C. ~~
Judith C. Russell
DEAN OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
SOURCE MAGAZINE OFFERS AN EXCLUSIVE VIEW INTO THE REMARKABLE MATERIALS, EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT AND FACULTY OUTREACH, AND INNOVATIVE RESEARCH THAT IS AT THE HEART OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GEORGE A. SMATHERS LIBRARIES.
Marjorie Coffey in her studio, Washington, D.C., 1977.
ABOVE: Banner of the 1914 Suffragist Edition. The Pensacola Journal, September 7, 1914.