- Permanent Link:
- Concept Drivers Behind Hospitality and Healthcare Designs
- Corson, Mackenzie Nicole
- Publication Date:
- The first project is the "Jadin d'eau" Boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina. My inspiration for the design concept was the Cypress Gardens located right outside of Charleston. The elegance, romance, and natural beauty influenced the aesthetic to create a romantic destination for couples and special trips. Located on the first floor, the guest is greeted by the "Vin Wine Bar". This focuses the line of sight with brass detailing and natural wood base and bright teal tile backsplash. This wine bar gives the guest the opportunity to sit and relax after a long travel day before checking in and heading up to their room; or the opportunity to have nice glass before heading to "The Bird in the Water Restaurant and Bar" that serves a surf and turf cuisine located on the fourth floor.
The Second project is the Harbor View Healthcare Microhospital. This 75,000 square foot space houses three different specialty clinics, a primary care unit, lab and diagnositcs, pharmacy, food services, a surgery center, inpatient care unit, community resource area, meditation room, and an emergency department. The design drivers for the hospital included the words bond, rejuventate and secure. In order to translate these ideas the design utilized the concepts of interlock, freeform and repetition. Guests and patients can feel secure and calm through the incororation of a natural color palettte and clear wayfinding throughout the entire micro hospital. ( en )
- General Note:
- Awarded Bachelor of Design, magna cum laude, on May 8, 2018. Major: Interior Design
- General Note:
- College or School: College of Design, Construction and Planning
- General Note:
- Advisor: Candy Carmel-Gilfilen. Advisor Department or School: Interior Design
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Mackenzie Nicole Corson. Permission granted to the University of Florida to digitize, archive and distribute this item for non-profit research and educational purposes. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder.
This item is only available as the following downloads:
Mackenzie Corson HONORS PORTFOLIO
LEARN from yesterday LIVE for today HOPE for tomorrow . Albert Einstein Florence, Itlay
THE JARDIN DEAU TAPAS & TAP GLANCE HARBOR VIEW HEAL T HCARE Table of Contents 2 3 4 1 SCHOOL OF INT ERAC T IVE MEDIA 5
The Jardin deau PROJECT TY PE : Hospitality Design/ Boutique Hotel LOCATION : Charleston, SC PROGRAMS : Revit & Photoshop TIME : Individual, Fourth year, 9 weeks SQUARE FOOTAGE : 52,000 sq ft. Natural Elegant Romantic Reception Desk Entrance for Spa deau
Level 1Lobby, Vin Wine Bar & Spa deau Main Entrance Check In/ Concierge Valet Parking Entrance Vin Entrance Spa deau Entrance Lobby RCP Lobby Seating
Wine Bar Vin Wine Bar Vin Seating T HE INSPIRATION BEHIND T HE DESIGN IS T HE CY PRESS GARDENS OUTSIDE OF CHARLESTON, SC. T HE ELEGANCE, ROMANCE, & NATURAL BEAUTY INFLUENCE T HE AEST HETIC TO CREATE A ROMANTIC DESTINATION FOR COUPLES.
42 TOTAL ROOMS 12 PREMIUM DOUBLE QUEEN 4 PREMIUM SINGLE KING 12 SIGNATURE KING SUITE 12 PREMIUM INTERIOR SUITE 2 HONEYMOON SUITE Level 2 & 3Guest Rooms Premium Single King (2) Honeymoon Suite (1) Signature King Suite (6) Premium Interior King Suite (6) Elevator Lobby Premium Double Queen (6) Light Well Corridor
Honeymoon Suite Bedroom Social vs. Private Space Enlarged Honeymoon Suite Floorplan Honeymoon Suite Bedroom Honeymoon Suite Master Bath
Level 4Bird in the Water & Private Dining BITW Outdoor Patio BITW Bar Private Dining Rooms Express Elevator The Bird in the Water Entrance Prefunction Space BITW Kitchen/ Back of House Light Well BITW Host Stand
BITW Open Dining BITW Bar T HE BIRD IN T HE WATER OFFERS A SURF & TURF CUISINE IN A COZY BUT OPEN ENVIRONMENT. T HE USE OF NATURAL & RAW MATERIALS, LIVE PLANTS AND NAUTRAL COLOR P ALETTE IS A WAY TO INCORPORATE T HE CY PRESS GARDENS AND BRING IN BIOPHILIA DESIGN.
Atrium Entrance Harbor View PROJECT TY PE : Healthcare Design/ Micro Hospital LOCATION : Tampa, FL GROUP : E. Straub, C. Oz, D. Rafati, B. Hernandez PROGRAMS : Revit, 3Ds Max, Photoshop TIME : Fourth year, 12 weeks SQUARE FOOTAGE : 75,000 sq ft. Research Kisok Check -In Screen Harbor View App Bond Rejuvenate Secure INTERLOCK FREEFORM REPETITION
Level 1 Primary Care Unit Neurology Clinic Emergency Department Lab & Diagnostics Maintenance Food Service Coee Shop Pharmacy Reception Desk Level 2 Inpatient Care Unit Surgery Center Clinic Waiting Area Community Resource Meditation Room Cardiovascular Clinic ENT Clinic Pediatric Clinic
Atrium, Pharmacy & Coee Shop Inside the Pharmacy Section through Atrium
Food Service Primary Care Primary Care Check In Exam Room Care Team Station BREEZE BREWS Coee Shop Cook to Order Food Serivce Food Service Seating A FEELING OF SECUIRTY IS ACCOMPLISHED T HROUGH CALMING COLORS AND CLEAR WAYFINDING. P ATIENT PRIVACY IS ACHIEVED T HROUGH WINDOW SHADES AND SOUND ABSORBING WALL P ANELS.
Emergency Department Emergency Department Ceck In ED Trauma Work Station ED Triage Emergency Department Care Team Station ED Sta Huddle TEAM CARE STATIONS ARE EQUIPED WIT H AMPLE STORAGE, HANDWASHING STATIONS AND CLEAR SIGHT LINES TO ALL P ATIENT ROOMS.
Community Resource Center Section through Community Resource, In Patient & Primary Care Teaching Kitchen Multi Purpose Conference Room Conference Room Yoga Set Up
In Patient Unit In Patient Care Team Station In Patient Entrance Hallway
In Patient Unit In Patient Nourishment Area In Patient Room P ATIENTS CAN USE T HE APP TO CHECK IN, CHAT WIT H OT HER P ATIENTS, VIEW A MAP AND SEE UPCOMING EVENTS. SP ACIOUS P ATIENT ROOMS ALLOW FAMILY MEMBERS TO STAY OVER NIGHT AND ASSIST IN P ATIENT RECOVERY.
Meditation & Clinic Waiting Clinic Waiting Area Meditation Room Clinic Waiting Kids Play T HE MEDITATION ROOM PROMOTES HOLISTIC CARE T HROUGH QUIET SP ACE AND HEALING ENVIRONMENTS. T HE WAITING AREA IS OPEN TO T HE ATRIUM AND COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTER TO PROMOTE INTERACTION AND MOVEMENT. T HE KIDS PLAY AREA SHOWS EMP AT HETIC DESIGN BY PROVIDING AN ENTERTAINING SP ACE FOR CHILDREN.