- Permanent Link:
- Program : In honor of The Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees
- Added title page title:
- Dominican Republic Settlement Association 1st Anniversary scrapbook
- Wagg, Alfred ( compiler )
Puerto Rico ( compiler )
Institute of Tourism, U.S.A. ( compiler )
- Publication Date:
- January 27, 1941
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (3 pages)
- Physical Location:
- Box 1
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) ( fast )
Jewish refugees ( fast )
World War (1939-1945) ( fast )
Dominican Republic Settlement Association, Inc. ( fast )
Rosenberg, James N. (James Naumburg), 1874-1970 ( fast )
Trujillo Molina, Rafael Leónidas, 1891-1961 ( fast )
- Scrapbooks ( lcgft )
programs (documents) ( aat )
- Temporal Coverage:
- World War ( 1939 - 1945 )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Puerto Rico -- San Juan
- 18.4833 x -66.1333
- A scrapbook commemorating the 1st Anniversary of the founding of a Jewish refugee settlement at Sousa, in the Dominican Republic, in January 1940. Included in this scrapbook are programs, invitations, dinner menus, newspaper clippings, photographs, and other material documenting the anniversary commemoration and its various festivities. Of special interest is a report written by James N. Rosenberg to the Dominican Government about the status of the settlement and a letter from Generalissimo Trujillo addressed to Rosenberg. There are also photographs (likely publicity shots) depicting daily life in the settlement.
- Grant: Presidents Fund for the NEH project.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Judaica Collections at UF
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
'In Xonor of
ffrranged By the
Government of Puerto nico
Jnstitute of tourism
8 . 7.
january 27, 1921
I Visiting Members of the Intergovernmental I
i. Committee on Refugees s
r The Honorable Alexander Swiuton Paterson,
S Minister of the United Kingdom and the British Isles. m
The Honorable Pedro Troncoso Srinchez,
Sub-Seeretary of State for the Dominican Republic in and Delegate, Intergovernmeutal Committee. :
m The Honorable and Mrs. Paul Van Zeeland, M
i Ex-Prime Minister of Belgium and Director,
S President Roosevelt's Coordinating Foundation. N
S The Honorable Robert Thompson Pell, m
S Representative of the Department of State. m
*i Chief United States Delegation to D minican Conference m
of Intergovernmental Committee.
S The Honorable and Mrs. George L. Warren,
S Executive Secretary of President Roosevelt's Advisory Committee. m
im The Honorable Alfred Wagg 3rd, U
S Secretary, Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees, m
*0 Division of European Affairs Department of State. gm
S The Honorable James N. Rosenberg,
S President, Dominican Republic Settlement Association. -m
m Mr. Atheiton Lee, n5
i Director, Agricultural Experiment Station, Mayagilez. mi
m The Honorable and Mrs. Harold N. Linder, iN
N Director, President Roosevelt's Coordinating Foundation. m
NI Mr. Stephen H. P. Pell
N Mr. Holt iN
g* Mr. Blumgart i
*n Mr. Dupont Ui
m: Mr. Westbrook mi
*m Mr. Schindler i
imm imiii~i~i~i~iiiiiiiiiiimimiiimiiiimi ii miiimiiiii~ii~i imiii ii
Reception and Entertainment at San Juan, Puerto Rico
for the Members of the Intergovernmental Committee on Refugees
MONDAY, JAN. 27-ARRIVAL OF THE SS "COAMO"
7:00 A.M.-Arrival of the SS. "Coamo". Committee will be greeted on entrance to harbor by planes of the Army and Navy Aircorps. 7: 15 A. M.-Welcoming Committee will board ship. 8: 00 A. M.-Breakfast at Escambr6n Beach Club. 9: 00 A. M.-The delegation will be received by the Acting Governor, Honorable Dr. Jos6 M. Gallardo, at La Fortaleza. 10: 00 A. M.-Press conference at La Fortaleza. 11:00 A. M.-Visit to Geneial Edmund L. Daley at Casa Blanca where delegation will be received with Guard cf Honor. 11: 15 A. M.-Inspcction of El Morro Fortress. 12: 00 Noon-Swimming at Hotel Condado. 1: 00 P. M.-Luncheon at Hotel Condado.
Address of Welcome by the Hon. the Acting Governor of Puerto
Rico, Hon. Jos6 M. Gallardo.
Address of Acceptance by the Hon. Robert Thompson Pell, Assistant Chief of the Division of European Affairs, Department of
State, U. S. A.
3: 00 P. M.-Visit to Admiral Raymond W. Spruance, Headquarters, 10th Naval District.
4: 30 P.M.-Military dress parade at Camp Buchanan. 6: 00 P. M.-Potpourri Cocktail, at Ron Rico Cocktail Bar, Courtesy of American Society of Agricultural Science.
8:00 P.M.-Reception and Buffet Supper at La Fortaleza by the Hon. the Acting Governor of Puerto Rico, Dr. Jos6 M. Gallardo. 9:45 P.M.-Committee will board SS. Coamo. 10: 00 P. M.-Good-bye to Puerto Rico.