- The Panama Canal Geological Reports
- Physical Description:
- Mixed Material
- MacDonald, Donald, F. ( Author, Primary )
- Sandberg, Philip ( donor )
- Panama Canal Special Engineering Division
- Panama Canal Company, Department of Operation and Maintenance, Special Engineering Division
- Copyright Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Panama Canal Company. Engineering Division ( lcsh )
Panama Canal (Panama)--Maps. ( lcsh )
Geology. ( lcsh )
Soils ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Panama -- Central America -- Panama Canal Zone
- From the cover: 8 Reports prepared in connection with the planning for increasing the capacity of the Panama Canal, by Donald F. MacDonald, Consulting Geologist, Special Engineering Section: July 26 to September 1, 1938.
- Scope and Content:
- Index: Canal Zone Geology, In Outline, p.1; Gatun Geology in Relation to Canal Enlargement -- Preliminary Report, p. 10; Pedro Miguel-La Boca Geology in Relation to Canal Enlargement -- Preliminary Report, p. 18; Tests on Rocks and Soils for Canal Enlargement, p. 29; Aggregates for Concrete for Canal Enlargement, p. 39; Cement Manufacture in the Canal Zone -- Preliminary Report, p. 43; Foundation for Goethals Memorial, Cristobal Mole, p. 49; Panama Railroad Active Slides, p. 54
- General Note:
- 57 p., 10 p. of charts, photographs, blueprints
- General Note:
- The items in this collection were gifted by the Sandberg family in honor of Dr. Adolf E. Sandberg, Special Engineering Division, Third Locks Project.
- Original Location:
- The geological maps in this record are part of the Map and Imagery Library collections and the reports are housed in the Panama Canal Museum Collection, both part of Special and Area Studies Collections at the University of Florida.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Panama Canal Museum Collection at the University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is a work of the U.S. federal government and not protected by copyright pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §105.
- Resource Identifier:
- accession number - 2014.80.1
- System ID: