- Documents related to the Third Locks Project from the Panama Canal Department of Operation and Maintenance, Special Engineering Division
- Physical Description:
- Mixed Material
- Panama Canal Special Engineering Division
- Sandberg, Philip ( donor )
- Panama Canal Company, Department of Operation and Maintenance, Special Engineering Division
- Copyright Date:
- 1930s and 1940s
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Panama Canal (Panama)--Construction. ( lcsh )
Panama Canal Company. Engineering Division ( lcsh )
Panama Canal (Panama)--Maps. ( lcsh )
Geology. ( lcsh )
Soils ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Panama -- Central America -- Panama Canal Zone
- Geological reports and maps related to the Third Locks Project of the 1930s and 1940s from the Special Engineering Division of the Panama Canal Company. Subjects covered include structural geology, slides, rock types, drilling, and labeled diagrams and photographs showing geological features.
- Scope and Content:
- 2 maps; 3 reports with photographs and blueprints
- Original Location:
- The geological maps in this record are part of the Map and Imagery Library collections and the reports are housed in the Panama Canal Museum Collection, both part of Special and Area Studies Collections at the University of Florida.
- General Note:
- The items in this collection were gifted by the Sandberg family in honor of Dr. Adolf E. Sandberg, Special Engineering Division, Third Locks Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Panama Canal Museum Collection at the University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is a work of the U.S. federal government and not protected by copyright pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §105.
- System ID: