TECHNICAL NOTE NUMBER 195
DIVISION OF FOREST PATHOLOGY BUREAU OF PLANT INDUSTRY
IN COOPERATION WITH
CITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOREST SERVICE
FOREST PRODUCTS LABORATORY
MADISON 5. WISCONSIN REVISED March 1956
SOME BOOKS AND PAMPHLETS 0
FINISHING OF WOOD AND FURNIT-UREBooks!
I. Amateur Finisher's Guidebook, by R.'-E..AYatESC 115 p., illus.
Harper &Bros., New York, 1952. $3.
Z. Complete Book of Furniture Repairs and Refinishing, by R. P.
Kinney. 240 p., illus. Charles Scribner' s Sons, New York, 1950.
3. Finishing Materials and Methods, by G. A. Soderberg. 320 p. illus.
McKnight, Bloomington, 111., 195Z. $4.
4. Furniture; Furniture Finishing, Decoration, and Patching, by A. B.
Pattou and C. L. Vaughn. 551 p., illus. F. J. Drake, Wilmette,
I1., 1955. $5.
5. How to Finish or Refinish Your Furniture, by K. Hardy. 166 p.,
illus. Funk & Wagnalls Co., New York, 1951. $3. 75.
6. How to Refinish Furniture, by L. Hochman. 144 p., illus. Arco
Publishing Co., Inc., -New York, 1954. $2.
7. How to Restore Antique Furniture, by M. C. Lorini and H. L.
Williams. 214 p., illus. Pellegrini & Cudahy, New York, 1949.
8. How to Restore Furniture, by R. F. Yates. 203 p., illus. Funk &
Wagnalls Co., New York, 1948. $3.
-Book prices quoted are subject to change.
9.New Furniture from Old, by R. F. Yates. 253 p. illus. Funk &
Wagnalls Co., New York, 1951. $3. 50.
10. Painting and Decorating: A Handbook of Tools, Materials, Methods,
and Directions, by D. J. DiBernanco. 98 p. D. Van Nostrand
Co., Inc., New York, 1948. $1. 60.
11. Painting and Decorating Craftsman' s Manual and Textbook, by
Painting & Decorating Contractors of America. 430 p. illus.
Theo. Audel & Co., New York, 1949. $2.
1Z. Professional Furniture Patching, Repairing, and Appliance TouchUp, by D. Bickel. 90 p.', illus. Industrial Finishing Magazine,
Indianapolis, Ind., 1955. $3. 50
13. Refinishing and Decorating Furniture and Other Home Accessories,
by R. G. Mould. 249 p., illus. Studio Publications, Inc., New
York, 1953. $4. 95.
14. Repair and Restoration of Furniture, by J. Rodd. 179 p., illus.
Charles Scribner' s Sons, New York, 1955. $5. 95.
15. Revive Your Old Furniture, by L. Sloane. 84 p. illus. Studio
Publications, Inc. New York, 1943. $2, $1. 50 paper cover.
16. The Science of Modern Wood Finishing, by G. L. Deniston with an
introduction by R. F. Ohmer. 386 p. illus. Research Press,
Inc. Dayton, Ohio, 1949. $6.
17. Wood Finishing and Refinishing, by S. W. Gibbia. 255 p., illus.
D. Van Nostrand Co., Inc., New York, 1954. $4. 50.
18. Finishing Floors, Walls, and Woodwork, by B. Clayton.. 8 p. illus.
Texas Agr. & Mech. Col. Ext. Serv. Circ. No. 11Z, College
Station, Texas, n. d.
-List does not include pamphlets published by all universities. Pamphlets
are usually available free to residents of State in question. There
may be a nominal fee to out-of-State residents.
19. Finishing Wood, Old and New Natural Finish, by R. H. Gardner.
30 p. illus. Utah State Agr. Col. Ext. Circ. No. 191, Logan,
20. Furniture Restoration, by G. Thames. 48 p. illus. New York
State Col. of Home Econ. Cornell Misc. Bull. 23, Ithaca, 1955.
Z1. Keep Your Furniture at Its Best, by C. A. Beatty. 6 p. illus.
Univ. of Vermont Agr. Ext. Serv. Brieflet No. 867, Burlington,
22. New Finishes for Old Furniture, by J. C. Brown. 8 p., illus. Iowa
State Agr. Ext. Serv. H. E. No. Z8, Ames, rev. 1955.
23. Old Furniture Refinished, by G. E. Stratton. 15 p. illus. Univ. of
Connecticut Ext. Serv. Bull. No. 364, Storrs, 1944.
24. Refinishing Furniture, by F. Mason. 19 p., illus. Maryland Agr.
Col. Ext. Bull. No. 148, College Park, 1953.
25. Refinishing Furniture, by M. J. Bentley. 19 p., illus. Purdue
Univ. Agr. Ext. Serv. Leafl. No. 309, Lafayette, Ind. 1951.
26. Refinishing Furniture, by F. Mason. 19 p. illus. Delaware Agr.
Ext. Bull. No. 62, Newark, 1953.
27, Refinishing Furniture, by M. Fitzgerald and L. Woodruff, 14 p. ,
illus. Univ. of Missouri Agr. & EFxt. Serv. Circ. No. 564,
28. Refinishing Furniture, by W. Starkey. 20 p. illus. Kansas Agr.
Ext. Circ. No. 215, Manhattan, 1953.
29. Refinishing Furniture, by R. 3. Peck and J. E. Marion, 20 p.,
illus. Michigan State Univ. Coop. Ext. Serv. Bull. No. 295,
E. Lansing, 1948.
30. Refinishing Furniture, by W. V. Dowdy, 12 p. illus. Univ. of
Georgia Agr. Ext. Serv. Bull. No. 507, Athens, 19414.
31. Refinishing Furniture and Care of Woods, by G. L. Spivey. 16 p.,
illus. Oklahoma Agr. & Mech. Col. Ext. Div. Circ. No. 265,
Stillwater, n. d.
32. Refinishing Furniture at Home, by G.-Hoffmann. 7 p., illus. Univ.
of Wisconsin Ext. Serv. in Agr. and Home Econ. Stencil Circ.
255, Madison, 1947.
33. Refinishing Old Furniture, by F. E. Wright. 32 p., illus. New York
State Col. Agr. Ext. Bull. No. 295, Ithaca, rev. 1952.
34. Refinishing Your Furniture, by C. Kirchner. 8 p., illus. Univ. of
Minnesota Agr. Ext. Serv. Bull. No. 271, St. Paul, rev. 1954. 35. Rejuvenating Furniture, by V. P. Moore, 12 p., illus. Florida
Univ. Agr. Ext. Serv. Circ. No. 80, Gainesville, 1945.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
luIIIIH!.llIll Illll lI lll 111 115 /IIll 11
3 1262 09216 7716
z x 108 018 -4- aa,-.--.