Ruins of Fort San Lorenzo

Material Information

Title:
Ruins of Fort San Lorenzo
Physical Description:
5.5" X 3.5"
Language:
English
Spanish
Creator:
Foto Flatau
Donor:
PCM ( donor )
Publisher:
Mike Roberts Color Production
Place of Publication:
Berkeley, California 94710, U.S.A.

Subjects

Genre:
Postcard

Notes

Abstract:
The back reads: Construction of this Fort begun by Felipe II of Spain in 1597. Captured by the pirate Henry Morgan in 1671, repaired by the Viceroy of New Granada in 1718, the Fort was demolished again by Admiral Vernon in 1740, but rebuilt in its present form in 1752 and finally abandoned 100 years later.

Record Information

Source Institution:
Panama Canal Museum
Holding Location:
Panama Canal Museum
Rights Management:
All rights reserved by the source institution.
Resource Identifier:
accession number - 2014.42.33
System ID:
AA00023783:00001