Sibilly, Church Lands Donor (1976)

MISSING IMAGE

Material Information

Title:
Sibilly, Church Lands Donor (1976)
Physical Description:
Photograph
Creator:
Claude Maloon
Publication Date:

Notes

Abstract:
Jean Joseph Sibilly (center), patriarch of the French community of Estate Elizabeth, St. Thomas, kneels during the 50th anniversary celebration of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, April 20, 1976. Mr. Sibilly, a 1912 immigrant from St. Barthelemy, donated the land for the church in 1924. The church was completed in 1926. Mr. Sibilly, an agriculturalist, engineer, construction foreman and realtor, purchased Estate Elizabeth shortly after his arrival on St. Thomas, and divided it between twelve families for land farming.

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Virgin Islands
Holding Location:
University of Virgin Islands
Rights Management:
All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID:
AA00019415:00001