Bluebeard Hill (1941)

MISSING IMAGE

Material Information

Title:
Bluebeard Hill (1941)
Physical Description:
Photograph
Creator:
Taylor
Publication Date:

Notes

Abstract:
A view from Bluebeard's Hill, along the now named Beltjan Road in the hills of Charlotte Amalie. Main Street is seen at the center of the photograph. Bottom right: The two-storied Moravian Church still exists. On the left: The boat slipways, would have been the Legislative Building. The waterfront road now borders the water's edge. Many of the barrack yard buildings have been removed. The area is now the Federal and Territorial Courts Complex, the Penitentiaty,and an open lot used for the Carnival Village, adjacent to the to the central area with trees, framing Fort Christian. Center right: The prominent two-storied building, with many windows, is Government House, with the Lutheran Parsonage beside it. Down the range, a high roofed structure is the Lutheran Church, with its bell-tower. Upper Center: on the left, showing a vertical structure, is the Rum Distilley Factory. Bluebeard's Castle Hotel was built under Governor Paul M. Pearson's administration (1931-35).

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Virgin Islands
Holding Location:
University of Virgin Islands
Rights Management:
All rights reserved by the submitter.
System ID:
AA00019409:00001