Slide 15: Canal Official Opening by the Ancon
- Slide 15: Canal Official Opening by the Ancon
- Physical Description:
- 2.0" X 2.0"
- Metinturff, Kathryne M. ( donor )
- The fifteenth slide of the Panama Canal Commission booklet depicts the first vessel, the Ancon, making its way through the finished canal. Due to the outbreak of WWI, the opening of the canal did not make headlines.
The Panama Canal was finished ahead of schedule and under budget. Total costs were around $375 million.
- General Note:
- made in the memory of Vikki Borell Edwards (BHS '74)
- Original Location:
- Envelope File 2013
- Source Institution:
- Panama Canal Museum
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All rights reserved by the source institution.
- Resource Identifier:
- accession number - 2013.23.4O
- System ID: