Barbados Museum and Historical Society

Bryant Slides Collection Circa 1940-1981 ( Guide to the Collection )
MISSING IMAGE

Material Information

Title:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides Collection
The Bryant Slides Collection, Barbados
Physical Description:
35 mm
Creator:
Unknown ( Photographer )
Publication Date:

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society -- Buildings
Museum buildings -- Barbados -- 1850-1860
Architecture, Caribbean -- Barbados
Fiat 500 automobile
Genre:
Transparencies
Spatial Coverage:
Barbados -- Caribbean region -- Bridgetown, Saint Michael

Notes

General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, an example of Caribbean Georgian style architecture, was established in 1933 by an Act of Parliament and located in the former military prison in the historic Saint Ann's Garrison area. The military prison was completed by 1853. The museum is part of the Historic Bridgetown and Garrison complex, which is the first Barbados site to be added to UNESCO's World Heritage List. Saint Ann’s Garrison is the earliest type of British navy and army base in the Caribbean. A red automobile, the Fiat 500, is parked in front of the museum. Slide labeled Barb 9.

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries ( SOBEK page | external link )
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida ( SOBEK page | external link )
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@ucf.edu
Resource Identifier:
CFM1972_01a
Sheet 20: 3
System ID:
AA00017909:00001


This item is only available as the following downloads:


Full Text
Digital Library of the Caribbean
english español français
About dLOC | Topical Collections | Partner Collections
| RSS
UFDC Home
Barbados Museum and Historical Society
STANDARD
jQuery(document).ready(function () { jQuery('ul.sf-menu').superfish(); });
Permanent Link:
http://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00017908/00001
Material Information
Title:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides CollectionThe Bryant Slides Collection, Barbados
Physical Description:
35 mm
Creator:
Unknown
Publication Date:
February,1968
Subjects
Subjects / Keywords:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society -- BuildingsMuseum buildings -- Barbados -- 1850-1860Architecture, Caribbean -- BarbadosFiat 500 automobile
Spatial Coverage:
Barbados -- Caribbean region -- Bridgetown, Saint Michael
Notes
Abstract:
General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, an example of Caribbean Georgian style architecture, was established in 1933 by an Act of Parliament and located in the former military prison in the historic Saint Ann's Garrison area. The military prison was completed by 1853. The museum is part of the Historic Bridgetown and Garrison complex, which is the first Barbados site to be added to UNESCO's World Heritage List. Saint Anns Garrison is the earliest type of British navy and army base in the Caribbean. A red automobile, the Fiat 500, is parked in front of the museum. Slide labeled Barb 9.
Record Information
Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries ( SOBEK page | external link )
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida ( SOBEK page | external link )
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@ucf.edu
Resource Identifier:
CFM1972_01aSheet 20: 3
System ID:
AA00017908:00001
Permanent Link:
http://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00017908/00001
Material Information
Title:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides CollectionThe Bryant Slides Collection, Barbados
Physical Description:
35 mm
Creator:
Unknown
Publication Date:
February,1968
Subjects
Subjects / Keywords:
Barbados Museum and Historical Society -- BuildingsMuseum buildings -- Barbados -- 1850-1860Architecture, Caribbean -- BarbadosFiat 500 automobile
Spatial Coverage:
Barbados -- Caribbean region -- Bridgetown, Saint Michael
Notes
Abstract:
General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, an example of Caribbean Georgian style architecture, was established in 1933 by an Act of Parliament and located in the former military prison in the historic Saint Ann's Garrison area. The military prison was completed by 1853. The museum is part of the Historic Bridgetown and Garrison complex, which is the first Barbados site to be added to UNESCO's World Heritage List. Saint Anns Garrison is the earliest type of British navy and army base in the Caribbean. A red automobile, the Fiat 500, is parked in front of the museum. Slide labeled Barb 9.
Record Information
Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries ( SOBEK page | external link )
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida ( SOBEK page | external link )
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@ucf.edu
Resource Identifier:
CFM1972_01aSheet 20: 3
System ID:
AA00017908:00001
Home | About dLOC | Collections | Governance | Digitization | Outreach | FAQ | Contact
Powered by SobekCM
Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
© All rights reserved