- Oversize Materials: Heirs of Thomas Forbes- Letters Patent on Land Grant
- Series Title:
- Sanchez Family Papers (1812-1925)
- Physical Description:
- Mixed Material
- Sanchez, Edward Carrington Francis, 1849-1927
- Publication Date:
- Physical Location:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Shipment of goods -- Cuba ( lcsh )
History -- United States -- Civil War, 1861-1865 ( lcsh )
History -- Gainesville (Fla.) ( lcsh )
Alachua -- 12001 ( ceeus )
Territorial Florida, 1821-1845 ( fhp )
Ante-Bellum Florida, 1845-1861 ( fhp )
Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 ( fhp )
Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 ( fhp )
Florida During World War I, 1914-1918 ( fhp )
The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 ( fhp )
Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941
Florida in World War II, 1941-1945 ( fhp )
The Post-War Florida, 1945-1960 ( fhp )
Contemporary Florida, 1960- ( fhp )
- Family papers, correspondence and newspaper clippings. This collection covers the life of the Sanchez family in St. Augustine from 1812, the family's ordeals during the Civil War, the family business, and E. C. Sanchez's political career. Included are E. C. Sanchez's collected notes and writings for a history of Gainesville, Florida, as well as correspondence between his father, James, and his uncle, Venancio, regarding the family shipping business and its transactions with Cuba circa 1840-60. The collection also contains a scrapbook, Municipal Club of Gainesville, circa 1907, and newspaper clippings regarding E. C. Sanchez's political activity.
- Merchant, lawyer, writer. Sanchez was born in 1849, in St. Augustine, Florida. He was educated in the common schools and the East Florida Seminary, and began his career as a merchant in Gainesville, Florida, until 1874, when he decided to study law. He was admitted to the practice in 1875, and became an influential member of the constitutional convention of 1885. He was also a presidential elector on the Democratic ticket in 1884. He died in 1927.
- General Note:
- Originally derived from archival-level ALEPH record 027947578 ( OCLC: 48886392 )
- Funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) as part of the Pioneer Days in Florida Project
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History, Special Collections
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- System ID:
f ll toitwo otee pses f llmeri a
To all to whom these presents shall come, Greeting:
_______j 6^^^ ^
^w^^ ^n6 zfe^6n2Y>'
V^^ ^^^/^ ^
/ I, -
z4 a)6ll/ 5~~
.7? $46 la w Ji/
C '^ 1t~6tJY.//uf6 ?6 SYI2/ 6^w/^^n^^
'W:^ j/^^^^~e ^wy^J^e^^^/c
.~ 4i2 .
I~~~~~ ,^^^ --
; ^^ 1^)&^'^n/ Sa~ntwz Uyiw ^aw^/aA/
^df~w ^' d^m^ ^^^fe^fc^ /y^/JfeZ.id-z^
J^^ ^ /^/^^^
'Wwi ^ & ^^!f,^.Wc~r'n^^^^^^imi/ WA
/^^/A^ z% w^/1 /1^ ^^^ T
'-.^'; ^. ^^ ^n) '^ _______________________
.,*,-^ .: .,.,.-...- '/../ /,'.. ,y : '
.'". .. << +/ ,'- I'- ,, -/ / -/ '/y ... ;/ (
'7 / ,. -/.
,,/i., ; .T ,^, "-.___,1 _--_ ," s__-___._______/_ .._- -
" .._ __ )- --:-7
... "./ U+ oc17"-
<..".." ~~,?4 2 -C4.
^W/ ^^^ w~6aJ6'&
^^A^^/^^^^al;12 1U^ d ^
1h &/ ./
6, W/,,z ""'
/0 g S-/