- Plano particular de la Ciudad de Sn Agustin de la Florida, con el Detall de sus Mansanas, Casas y Solares, Castillo, &c.
- Physical Description:
- Mixed Material
- Mariano de la Rocque
- Bureau of Land Management and PGA/World Golf Village ( donor )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- St. Augustine (Fla.)--Maps
- Spatial Coverage:
- North America -- United States -- Florida -- St. Johns -- St. Augustine
- General Note:
- One of the most important maps in St. Augustine's history, the 1788 Plano Particular by Mariano de la Rocque is the most accurate 18th century plat map of the city. Photocopies of the map have been used by historians and archaeologists for decades to pinpoint the location of streets, houses, lot lines, and outbuildings in the city, as well as to study colonial architecture. This facsimile is a full scale reproduction of the original, and was accompanied by another reproduction of a 1845 copy of Rocque's map. The original map first went to the Library of Congress as part of the East Florida Papers and was later transferred to the Bureau of Land Management, the archive for official plats of U.S. towns, which currently holds it. Through the generosity of the BLM and the the PGA/World Golf Village, three facsimiles were placed in Florida, the other two being with the City of St. Augustine and the St. Augustine Historical Society, thus ensuring that the map, in full color, will be easily accessible to scholars in Florida. Keys to the map are held at the George A. Smathers Library, UF, and at the St. Augustine Historical Society.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- System ID:
'I pq wow,,
no ular df la U. I[
A Caaa dt sa,7 ",arw
C.. Arvdin -fin Xargpviv-
ePow.) E CtltvraLlm arunaL,, 4k
+ Gxj.' cd..rw red,"a" p4e C'A' 0 'a 6- t u da dl"9
"M4WIW4 yCO-c/myr In daul 1&"wn U Cuk In ,d.-a to
G --- 9;lw k4ribmato.
a.--4fi do"'k f' da,"Witr d, San'ranc'
X. IP1141'fAWV J-r j na C'Ala yw
V0,w,&,.w j, tv, -q