- Graduates in democracy
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : b & w; 26 x 21 cm.
- Massey, Toby ( Photographer )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Caribbean Area ( lcsh )
Cuban Americans ( lcsh )
Abascal, Gerardo ( local )
Beguer, Isabil de Leon ( local )
Montes, Justavo Garcia ( local )
Miami (Fla.) -- 1960-1970 ( local )
Florida League of Women Voters ( lcsh )
Citizenship -- United States ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Miami, Florida
- Original caption: Gerardo Abascal, Isabel Beguer De Leon and Gustavo Garcia Montes. Graduates in democracy. Cubans finish course. Cuban teachers, priests, businessmen and one American, representing the League of Women Voters, completed the League's 3-week seminar on the role of the citizen in a free society. Meeting nightly at Loyola School, the students crammed in the essentials of democracy under the guidance of Mrs. Phillip Hammer and Mrs. A. J. Foy Cross, of the League's Overseas Education Fund. The graduates will work out a planning committee to teach their fellow exiles, said James D. Baker, head of the Committee on Education in Cuba Inc., which sponsored the course.
- The trio were part of a group of Cuban exiles who completed the League of Women Voters seminar on the role of the citizen in a free society.
- Preferred Citation:
- Cite as Miami News Collection, HistoryMiami, 1989-011-4458.