- Ramón Puig
- Physical Description:
- 1 photographic print : b & w.
- Reinke, Bill. ( Photographer )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Caribbean Area ( lcsh )
Miami (Fla) -- 1970-1980 ( lctgm )
Guayabera shirts ( lcsh )
Puig, Ramon ( local )
Clothing stores -- Florida -- Miami ( lctgm )
Tailors -- Florida -- Miami ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Miami, Florida
- Shows Ramon Puig in a guayabera shirt outside his shop, which carries an extensive selection of guayabera shirts.
- General Note:
- Photo date stamped on back: June 16, 1979.
- Tailor Ramón Puig, who was often referred to as “The King of the Guayaberas,” fled Cuba and settled in Miami in 1968. Forced to leave without any personal belongings, he returned to Cuba in the 1980s and retrieved them. Puig practiced his trade in South Florida until his passing in 2011.