RESTORATION OF AN HISTORIC STRUCTURE means
Removing existing construction to expose earlier materials
Replacing existing construction with real or facsimile
materials or finishes of an earlier period;
Rebuilding or refinishing original items before normal main-
tenance is required.
MIAIT'EriALiCE OF All HIS:. R. .-IUCT',.E means
Keeping materials and fini-.es in good condition; materials
anJ finishes beyond repair must be re'paced with identical materials
or finis. C .
A:L iiAIIC dS encompass any work not :..udea in Restoration and Maintenance.
TENTATIVE RESTORATION OUTLINE XIMENEZ-FATIO HOUSE
I. MAIN HOUSE AND KITCHEN.
1. Lower elevation of landscaped areas.
2. Provide landscaping Circa 1830-48.
3. Reconstruct coquina wall on south property line.
4. Provide shingle roof in main building.
5. Rebuild dormers to 1855 through 1907 photographs.
6. Provide shutters on east and sputh and four windows on north and west.
7. Replace Door 2 with window.
8. Rebuild kitchen roof and shingle.
9. Remove kitchen gable ends; provide shingles.
10. Replace kitchen windows.
11. Rebuild kitchen doors; replace hardware.
12. Repair kitchen fireplace and oven.
13. Provide an appropriate wall or fence on the east property line.
1. Provide wooden floors Rooms 3, 4 and 5.
2. Replaster ceiling of Room 5.
3. Replaster ceilings of Rooms 1, 2, 3 and 4.
4. Restore all fireplaces to 1830-48 (Note: Fireplaces will not be operable).
5. Conceal all electrical outlets; (no electric light fixtures in restora-
tion except emergency).
6. Fur and replaster interior surfaces of exterior walls.
7. Relocate public rest rooms and modern kitchen in new building noted below.
8. Provide concealed heating and natural ventilation.
1. Repair all windows and doors as required.
2. Restore proper hardware; remove window screens.
3. Provide whitewash or paint as applicable.
4. Reserve attic as utility and light storage area strict restoration not
II. NEW CONSTRUCTION.
A. General Description.
1. Provide a new structure concealed behind stuccoed masonry walls at the
north end of the property.
2. To be physically separated from the restored building by landscaped
3. To include all convenience, display, and business functions not properly
located in the restored buildings.
B. Building Program.
1. Located near or to contain public entrance to the site.
2. Public reception area.
3. Business office.
4. Conference room.
5. Kitchen facilities.
6. Public rest rooms.
8. Private patio.
9. New building heated and air conditioned.
A. Total Estimated Restoration and New Construction Cost: $175,000.00.
B. Work not included.
1. Interior furnishings
2. Interior design not specifically architectural.
3. Architectural fees.
INDICATES MArER/AL5 REMOVED
FOR /NVEr/TGAT/O1A0 /N 7/i4 AREA.
I I I1
UI 1 I I I L T
SECOND FL OOR
5CALE : 08"= 7'-O
CA. /I 30--4 T7HRUL 1/74
< IA/No/CA ES MATERIALS REMMOVED
FOR /A/V'ST/CATO/Q /At T/S5 AREA.
ROOM N /14
ROOM N" 13
ROOM N1 10
ROOM NO //
SECOND L OOR0
5CA LE : 1/8'= /'-
ROOM AP 10
ROOM NP //
kOOM NO 15
ROOM NV /31
ROOM NA 12