La Catedral, Habana

MISSING IMAGE

Material Information

Title:
La Catedral, Habana
Physical Description:
1 photomechanical print : photochrom, color
Language:
English
Creator:
Jackson, William Henry
Publisher:
Detroit Photographic Company
Place of Publication:
Detroit, Mich.
Publication Date:

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
Caribbean Area   ( lcsh )
La Catedral de la Virgen María de la Concepción Immaculada -- Havana, Cuba   ( lcsh )
Havana (Cuba) -- Churches   ( lcsh )
Havana (Cuba) -- 1900-1910   ( lcsh )
Photochrom prints   ( lcsh )
Spatial Coverage:
Havana (Cuba)

Notes

General Note:
La Catedral de la Virgen María de la Concepción Immaculada was built of Cuban limestone between 1748 and 1777. It became a cathedral in 1789. The cathedral faces the Plaza de la Catedral. The curtained carriage to the left may be a hearse. Palaces surround the other three sides of the square. On the left is the mansion of the Marquis de Aguas Claras, now El Patio Restaurant. The building on the right was built in 1741 as a house for the Marquesses de Arcos. In 1825 it became Cuba's first post office.

Record Information

Source Institution:
HistoryMiami.
Holding Location:
HistoryMiami.
Rights Management:
All rights reserved by the source institution.
Resource Identifier:
local - 1991-528-3
System ID:
AA00010767:00001