Meeting of the Board of Commissioners, Flavet 3, 7:30 p. m., Thursday, June 26,
Commissioner Harriet's' apartment.
Present: Mayor Crosby
Commissioners Ghiotto, Pringle, Willis, Marriet, Ennis
Mrs. W. A. Giffin, chairman'playground committee, and
W. S. Walker, secretary-treasurer.
1. Mayor Crosby reported that Major Powell, at WRUF, has to know tomorrow, June
27, how the village plans to spend the $400 donated to it by the American Legion
for playground equipment. Major Powell suggested that we see Mr. Baker, at Sears,
for 10-day delivery on equipment.
2. Mrs. Giffin suggested that the village purchase the following: 6 large saogs, '" _
6 small chair swings, 1 medium slide, two climbing towers.
3. Commissioner Pringle suggested that the playground be fenced off. Mayor
Crosby felt that the playground should be divided into areas for two age groups,
the younger children not to be allowed in the older children's area, and vice
4. Motion was made by Commissioner Harriet that we leave it up to the judgment
of Mrs. Giffin to order the playground equipment within the amount of money that
we have. Seconded by Commissioner Pringle. Motion carried.
5. Motion was made, seconded, and carried, to table discussion of the swimming
6. Discussion of how to raise funds, primarily to pay for the cost of labor in
putting up the laundry house. Motion by Commissioner Pringle that each family
in the village bLassessed 50 cents, on or about July 3, to be collected by
each commissioner from his district, the money to be used to construct the
wash house, the money thus spent to be repaid to the village fund when the
proceeds from the wash house start coming in, the money to be used if necessary
for fences around playground equipment, for administration, and for publications
communications. After this money is repaid, the five-cent assessment on the
wash house will be kept in a special fund for wash house expenses only. Motion
7. Motion made and carried that each family be assessed 50 cents, to be placed
in a General Fund. Motion carried. '.C r /I
8. Motion made by Commissioner Ghiotto that we establish a wash house maintenance
fund, the money to come from meter revenue/4 to be kept in a separate fund all the
time, no money to go to other village expenses. Motion seconded and carried.
9. Committee report on parking areas was rendered by Commissioner Harriet, out-
lining a plan submitted to the Resident Manager for parking between houses.
10. Report by Mayor Crosby on the bus situation was tabled.
11. Commissioner Ghiott made a report on delivery of groceries from the Co-Op
and the need of a central storage space for the incoming groceries. Suggestion
made by Commissioner Willis that use be made of the contractors' building already
given to the village.
12. Motion that the meeting adjourn. CARRIED.
. I <