OVERALL PLAN OF THE GAINESVILLE COMMITTEE OF 71
TO END THE INDOCHINA WAR
This is a non-partisan, cooperative community effort to end the Indochina
war by the Spring of 1972. The sole goal of the organization is the withdrawal
of all American forces from Indochina by the Spring of 1972. -We feel that
there is a deep reservoir of concern which this organization seeks to mobilize,
utilizing the following steps:
A. Establish Statewide Structure as Follows:
1. Locally publicize, thru the press, radio and TV, the statement
of this goal and the supporting information, so as to begin
organizing the Gainesville group.
2. Contact leading citizens in other Florida communities so they can
start similar groups. We will offer the materials we develop
as possible models for their statements and/or campaigns.
3. Form a statewide Florida committee of 71, help coordinate local
committees and bring greater national prominence to the overall
B. Utilize the above structure to promote the following activities:
1. Ask our Senators and Congressmen for their position on total
troop withdrawal by Spring of '72.
2. Ask all Florida newspapers to publish, regularly, the votes
of our elected representatives on all Vietnam issues.
3. Sponsor letter-writing campaigns to Senators, Congressmen and
4. Promote visits and other personal contact with Senators and
Congressmen locally and in Washington.
5. Seek national publicity to demonstrate depth of feeling in
6. Find additional means of bringing continued community pressure to
bear on the Vietnam war issue.